Advertisement
Expecting a baby

Has anyone ever had a misdiagnosed blighted Ovum?

I know I’m very likely hanging onto false hope here but I can’t help but pray for a miracle when I have my final scan tomorrow 

So far I’ve had two scans, one at 6w but they only saw a yolk sac and uterus was only measuring 5w, then another at 7w but still only a yolk sac, uterus measuring 6w. So uterus keeps growing and my hcg is still rising just slowly. It went from 17,000 to 25,000 in 5 days which both my Ob and gp have said isn’t enough of a rise, and with the empty sac they have both said it’s a blighted Ovum but will confirm 100% tomorrow 

My dates I was sure of. I guess I’m wonderobg if ANYONE has ever been told the same thing and been measuring behind even if sure of their dates and it still turned out ok 

im feeling so nauseous the last few days more than ever, and I get that can still happen with a blighted Ovum. How cruel 

i just dont know how we’ll tell our parents, they all cried with happiness when we told them after having our miscarriage in July.  We were so sure this pregnancy felt like a good healthy one :(

*my scan a week ago 
user uploaded image
Advertisement | page continues below
11 comments
Go to previous page
/Go to last page2Go to next page
  • Hey babe xx good luck for tomorrow xx please let me know xx I'm holdin on to hope as I've said this happened to me xx hopin u get to see a heart beat xx I'll be thinkin of u xxx
  • Goodluck for your scan, hopefully it’s good news xx
  • Mumofloads said:
    Hey babe xx good luck for tomorrow xx please let me know xx I'm ho…
    Thank you so much for all your support through this. I won’t be surprised this time when there’s nothing there at least, but would be incredibly surprised if there was. At least I’m prepared this time xx
    Advertisement | page continues below
  • ninety3mummabear said:
    Goodluck for your scan, hopefully it’s good news xx
    Thank you hun 
  • CocobabyK said:
    Thank you so much for all your support through this. I won’t be surpri…
    That how to look at it xx ur prepared for bad xx thinkin of u xx
  • I’m sorry u had to go threw this I am goin threw the same thing aN have the same question were u misdiagnosed bc I’m praying I am bc I was confused about my last cycle due to the fact it’s always been off but maybe I am saying I’m further than I am that’s why I am being told I have a blighted ovum pls is it possible it’s incorrect bc my first obgyn appt isn’t til next week aN I am due to be there still I’m just hoping I get better news 
  • Aarian88 said:
    I’m sorry u had to go threw this I am goin threw the same thing aN hav…
    So sorry to hear this hun, I know how hard it is. Unfortunately it wasn’t misdiagnosed even though my hcg levels continued to rise and I had pregnancy symptoms. I wanted to let the miscarriage hhappen naturally but after a week of still being sick and my hcg increasing they did another scan and confirmed so they gave me a pessary 

I hope you are the miracle and it’s all good for you. It can happen xx 
  • So sorry to hear this CocobabyK. I hope you can take all the time you need to grieve and recover.
  • CocobabyK said:
    So sorry to hear this hun, I know how hard it is. Unfortunately it was…
    Hi! I am experiencing the same thing although they expect it may be a molar pregnancy because of the presence of a yolk sac, growth of the gestational sac and rising hcg levels. Did you go ok with the pessary? I am so sorry you went through this and hope by now you have a healthy baby ❤
  • Sonja321 said:
    Hi! I am experiencing the same thing although they expect it may be a …
    Hi Sonja321, hun keep the faith, I have watched so many videos....it might just be to early and at least your numbers are rising, mine started declining at 8 weeks...my first visit was at 7 weeks...and all I had was an empty gestational sac...fingers crossed and keep the faith 🙏🏾
Go to previous page
/Go to last page2Go to next page
Track your pregnancy on our free #1 pregnancy & baby app
phone with BabyCenter app
Advertisement