OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• SRC Member

I not seen this in SG before. Dunckerocampus baldwini.

post-15726-0-06040400-1319868622_thumb.j

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Aberrant bi-colour from QM

post-15726-0-91536600-1319870295_thumb.j

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

My Bleekers from another mother! Pseudocoris bleekeri and Chrysiptera bleekeri.

found these 2 puppies in coral farm today and i HADDD TO HAVE them.

the bleeker's pseudocoris wrasse here is a male.

last year i bought a male from ah beng which, over the year or so, slowly turned into a female. it's drab, pale blue.

for a long time i wanted to sell it because it has become so unattractive over time as a female, but yet secretly hoping to find another male for it. the time have come and now the pair is in my display and my gosh the male looks stunning when it displays.

all the body becomes electric blue and the black and yellow stands out so much!

the bleeker's damsel is like a rather unusual cousin of the starki damsel. i've only seen it less than 5 times here and each time in small numbers. it's more purplish than blue and the colours are not so stark (pun intended). but i like the subdued pastel-ness of the bleeker's damselfish compared to starki.

i find it funny how i've stumbled upon two "bleekers" in one sitting, both of which on my want list for quite sometime now.

post-15755-0-67411700-1319872108_thumb.j

post-15755-0-07386700-1319872115_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

The bleekeri damsel is now part of my growing pomacentrus collection which includes Chrysiptera cf springeri, C. rollandi, C. caeruleolineata, C. traceyi, Chromis nigrura and C. acares.

last year i bought a male from ah beng which, over the year or so, slowly turned into a female. it's drab, pale blue.

for a long time i wanted to sell it because it has become so unattractive over time as a female, but yet secretly hoping to find another male for it. the time have come and now the pair is in my display and my gosh the male looks stunning when it displays.

the bleeker's damsel is like a rather unusual cousin of the starki damsel. i've only seen it less than 5 times here and each time in small numbers. it's more purplish than blue and the colours are not so stark (pun intended). but i like the subdued pastel-ness of the bleeker's damselfish compared to starki.

i find it funny how i've stumbled upon two "bleekers" in one sitting, both of which on my want list for quite sometime now.

The bleekeri damsel is so beautiful. Hope the colors stay.

ooo deepwater hawaii.

not likely to see.

Not v deepwater. Just v difficult to keep alive.

• Senior Reefer

The bleekeri damsel is so beautiful. Hope the colors stay.

Not v deepwater. Just v difficult to keep alive.

oh really? it's not a deepwater pipefish?

i remember seeing one video if it in very deep water but maybe they can be found in shallow water too.

the bleerkeri is beautiful. i think the colours will stay with all the other damsels constantly playing with each other.

oh really? it's not a deepwater pipefish?

i remember seeing one video if it in very deep water but maybe they can be found in shallow water too.

the bleerkeri is beautiful. i think the colours will stay with all the other damsels constantly playing with each other.

Yap not deep. But according to dejong, it's v sensitive and like all other pipefishes, hard to keep alive.

i took a short video of this unknown damsel? from renaissance aquatics in L.A.

it's large, and very yellow.

it's actually really beautiful but i have no idea what it is. anyone knows?

Nice! But it'll be good to be able to find its ID.

Here is a v nice vid of a earmuff wrasse

i took a short video of this unknown damsel? from renaissance aquatics in L.A.

it's large, and very yellow.

it's actually really beautiful but i have no idea what it is. anyone knows?

Chromis Analis and yes, it grows up to 15 cm... Which is very large for a chromis..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Nice photo, from iPhone? Very interesting patterns on its back.

1319872120' post=1015418']

• Senior Reefer

Nice photo, from iPhone? Very interesting patterns on its back.

yup.

iphone 4 and edited the photo abit using iphoto.

i took the picture under sunlight and the colours got abit washed out. edited to depict real life colours. no enhancement, just adjust light settings.

• SRC Member

I not seen this in SG before. Dunckerocampus baldwini.

These are nice!

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Wow love the pattern on the bleeker's pseudocoris wrasse! amazing pattern! looks like our fish, snake head! Post more picture of it flashing pls

• Senior Reefer

and a very rare aberrant rock beauty!!

the black has taken over the whole fish! stunning!

this kind of aberrations will not likely revert to normal because it's not xanthic or tricolor morphs, but rather, a colour aberration like the purple purple tang and the purple spot firefish.

post-15755-0-18449500-1319953488_thumb.j

this kind of aberrations will not likely revert to normal because it's not xanthic or tricolor morphs, but rather, a colour aberration like the purple purple tang and the purple spot firefish.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

meiacanthus reticulatus.

i want this!

Ah one of my favourite. Was close to getting it from Dejong but it was sold out.

There are almost no pics on the net. I've a few more pics of reticulatus but need to search my older laptop for the photo.

Insane! Speechless!!