• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tomini Tang - Free To A Good Home

DeepBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our tomini tang started bullying our starry blenny after about a year together in a 75 gallon tank. We've tried making sure sheet algae is available at all times and distracting it with a mirror as discussed here, but with limited success. The blenny is my wife's favorite fish and last week it lost a cirri to the tang's bullying. That was the last straw. I managed to catch the tang and move it to an otherwise fishless 20L frag tank. It can't stay there long term so I'm trying to find a good home for it. Here is a picture of it with its tankmates:

Tomini Tang.jpg

I'm not trying to sell it, just find it a better home. If you are near the southeast TN area and are interested let me know.

Thanks!

jhaun0211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our tomini tang started bullying our starry blenny after about a year together in a 75 gallon tank. We've tried making sure sheet algae is available at all times and distracting it with a mirror as discussed here, but with limited success. The blenny is my wife's favorite fish and last week it lost a cirri to the tang's bullying. That was the last straw. I managed to catch the tang and move it to an otherwise fishless 20L frag tank. It can't stay there long term so I'm trying to find a good home for it. Here is a picture of it with its tankmates:

Tomini Tang.jpg

I'm not trying to sell it, just find it a better home. If you are near the southeast TN area and are interested let me know.

Thanks!
I'm in kodak

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If worse comes to worse, and fish lives are at risk.... I have a 150g stock tank I can put him in until a better home is found. I already have one in my display or I'd put it in there. I'm in Knoxville.

OP
OP
DeepBrew

DeepBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to both of you, hopefully I can find a good place for her.

A friend at the LFS is looking around too. We really think this particular fish needs more room than the 75 offers. Maybe a tank 60" or 72". We're noticing that folks with larger tanks are already stocked with tangs.

The tang will be OK by herself in the 20L for a little while. I have a 40B with just a pair of clowns I could put her in but there may be some scrapping and it would be tougher to catch her later.

OP
OP
DeepBrew

DeepBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking for a forever home for the tang. @Engloid, I'm in Chattanooga. I'd like to find her a place here without being an imposition on you. I'll give it some more time for now, she seems to be doing OK by herself in the 20L.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand for sure. Just offering an emergency home in the event it becomes one. Good luck.

redclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you are close to me im in Louisiana :D i torn down my quaratine tank so i didnt want to buy anymore fish

Dstngc74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can take her if you still have her. I live in Nashville but travel to Chattanooga often for work. I can come thursday if she is still available

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back