• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Marbled CatSharks for sale

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marbled Catshark-Atelomycterus macleayi -. They grow to a maximum 24 inches. Have 2. One is 11-11 1/2 inches and other is 9-9 1/2 inches. They are carnivours and eat silver slides, squid, krill, shrimp pieces, etc. After a finicky first couple of weeks they are now very hardy eaters. I’ve had them in a 625g and they are thriving and have grown about 2 inches in 3 months. Have decided to change directions on fish selection and will include some bottoms dwellers so they have to go to a good home. They are customarily not
BEBF0307-A6CA-4870-9693-83ECEE41A2D5.png
not aggressive with any fish except bottom dwellers...would not add if you have any of those as they are very active at night and might challenge a bottom dweller while they are “prowling”. They are certainly the most docile and gentler of the shark species. NO SHIPPING. PICK UP ONLY PLEASE. I LIVE IN SUNNY ISLES BEACH/MIAMI FL area.

W/b traveling internationally for the next 10 days so if interested feel free to let me know by responding to this post and will respond when possible keeping in mind again that I am traveling.

Please consider that they are currently in a very large tank with lots of rock so after The winning offer is accepted it might take a day or 2 to catch them and bag them. I have a pretty good method of doing this with little stress but it does take a bit of time. PLEASE REMEMBER NO SHIPPING.

ASKING $140/each of $275 for both. This is basically what they cost me when they were 2 inches shorter.

Last point, in my opinion You need at least 180g tank to house one, 220g for 2. The longer the tank the better but not shorter than 6’. Round tanks are great but of course not a requirement. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 138 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back