Marbled Cat Shark care

Fin-up reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy hatched yesterday and he's already eating silversides! I just need to know about some people's experiences with these guys or sharks in general.. Anything I should know?? Any special procedures?
f60981a7fa3043218dd1d28f1a1f5df7.jpg

Chris Van Daele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this thread, I also just had a marbled cat shark hatch. He is already eating as well! Are these guys blind for the first period of their lives? How long until they start swimming around the tank a little bit more? Currently he is hiding in caves most of the time. I'm also curious how fast the growth rate is :)

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy hatched yesterday and he's already eating silversides! I just need to know about some people's experiences with these guys or sharks in general.. Anything I should know?? Any special procedures?
f60981a7fa3043218dd1d28f1a1f5df7.jpg

Other than make sure you have a very large vessel for it to grow up in and a really good filtration system, they are pretty easy once they eat a variety of foods. If they only eat one, they will wither away.

Try squid, scallops and octopus. Also small chunks of roughy worked for me.

I will be getting a pair of white spots in the next few months.

I missed my sharks and have plenty of room in the new store so I decided to dive back in with a 625 pool.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 127 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back