Chelmon rostratus

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay since I couldn’t think of what to title this thread other than about the species of fish it’s about, I have a couple questions. Here they are:

1. Does the snout of Chelmon rostratus grow separately from the main body growth?
2. What are the obvious signs of the gender of Chelmon rostratus?
3. How long does it take for a C. rostratus to get 4 inch and will they actually hit 8 inch?
Here’s a couple photos of mine (It will hit 2 years in march).
image.jpg
B1A03828-5F9F-490E-9B70-7B7625C27691.jpeg
image.jpg

These are actually some of the best iPhone pictures I’ve ever gotten.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1. Does the snout of Chelmon rostratus grow separately from the main body growth?
If you look at very young CBB - the snout is quite small - suggesting that there is varied growth.
2. What are the obvious signs of the gender of Chelmon rostratus?
"That the morphology of snout of male and female were differed. The snout of male occupied a small hump of 1-2 mm height protrusion and higher slope than female."
3. How long does it take for a C. rostratus to get 4 inch and will they actually hit 8 inch?
Here’s a couple photos of mine (It will hit 2 years in march).
I'm not sure its widely know how long it would take to get from 4 - 8 inches. The lifespan in a tank is supposedly around 10 years or so - according to the Georgia Aquarium. I have seen one copper band this large.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back