SaltCritters.com

Rare shrimp goby?

neuwave

Ok guys, my hi fin goby of 5 or more years passed away. So I'm on the hunt for something new for my tiger pistol shrimp. Want to stay away from the normal contenders. I thought about the yasha which is still a maybe. Not into the white cap all that much. Any other suggestions?

Magnificent shrimp goby

Good call. Totally forgot about that one. This definitely goes on the list.

I also thought about flaming prawn shrimp goby but they might be too small.

animalmaster6

+1 for the Magnificent Shrimp Goby. They are awesome!

Other options are Tomiyamichthys sp. gobies.

Rare Gobies FTW! :D

I also thought about flaming prawn shrimp goby but they might be too small.

They actually are not shrimp gobies and will not pair with pistol shrimp.

good luck getting the magnificent. Ive only seen it imported once. Of the rare shrimp gobies you can actually attain, you have your choice of graceful or dracula.

Personally I prefer the dracs but theyre notorious jumpers and are uncharacteristically aggressive for shrimp gobies

Suntail goby. The flaming prawn is small but the flaming prawns are known to pair with established watchmen/shimp pairs and make a trio

P1130054.jpg

P1130052.jpg

good luck getting the magnificent. Ive only seen it imported once. Of the rare shrimp gobies you can actually attain, you have your choice of graceful or dracula.

Personally I prefer the dracs but theyre notorious jumpers and are uncharacteristically aggressive for shrimp gobies

Dracs are cool considered but not sure since they look similar to the hi fin. I watch dd alot so if they got one in I could go that way. And I have a few connections I could ask. :)

+1 for the Magnificent Shrimp Goby. They are awesome!

Other options are Tomiyamichthys sp. gobies.

Rare Gobies FTW! :D

They actually are not shrimp gobies and will not pair with pistol shrimp.

Thought u might join in on this thread lol. Ya I didn't remember till morning that the flame prawn don't pair with shrimp. My mistake.

Any other ideas?

Suntail goby. The flaming prawn is small but the flaming prawns are known to pair with established watchmen/shimp pairs and make a trio

Sun tail is cool and I saw a couple the other day but they come in somewhat often.

P1130054.jpg

P1130052.jpg

Beautiful goby! What kind of sand is that? :)

And why not opt for a pair of shrimp gobies? It's definitely not as common to see tanks with a pair of goby vs the single.

Beautiful goby! What kind of sand is that? :)

And why not opt for a pair of shrimp gobies? It's definitely not as common to see tanks with a pair of goby vs the single.

No doubt a pair is definitely a big want. I always want to buy a fish without counter part. :D

Archived