SaltCritters.com

*Epibulus brevis - Dwarf Slingjaw Wrasse

Funkateer_1

IMG_9701%20slingjaw%20wrasse.jpg

Slingjaw%20Wrasse%20448-22_big.jpg

I have one of these in quarantine at my work for my new 50g reef. He will be sharing a tank with the following:

- Fu-Manchu Lion Dendrochirus biocellatus

- False Stonefish scorpaenopsis diabolus

- Barb Scorpionfish scorpaenopsis brasiliensis

I will take qt pictures soon but just curious if anyone has any experience keeping these gorgeous fish. The Importer I got it from told me this specific species rarely gets longer then 6" in captivity (the average slingjaw wrasse can grow over a foot). I'm really curious about temperament and prone to nipping more sedentary fish. If anyone has any experience please share

that does not answer anything, euphy.

i meant that is the tank it's going in is going to be the 29, silly.

Yes it does. It was stated that it's going in the 50g at work.

Is going in is be to the going it's.

this in your 29?

Haha naw, he's going in a 36"x18"x18" 50 gallon rimless tank. Here's a vid of my current tank...

Sorry for the sideways video, you can thank my droid for that.

The yellow Lion unfortunately passed away last month after 15 years in captivity. My new tank is rimless so i'm not keeping the ribbon moray.

altolamprologus
my brain did something that made me type that. NVM.

it's a pretty fish, is the top one a male? same species? or different species?

Could be adult on top, juvi on bottom?

Georgeous fish BTW :wub:

slingjaw wrasses can change color. Mine is typically grey with yellow fins and red spots but flashes all yellow when PO'd. The tank is actually my home tank, I just work in the fish industry.

IMG_9701%20slingjaw%20wrasse.jpg

Slingjaw%20Wrasse%20448-22_big.jpg

I have one of these in quarantine at my work for my new 50g reef. He will be sharing a tank with the following:

- Fu-Manchu Lion Dendrochirus biocellatus

- False Stonefish scorpaenopsis diabolus

- Barb Scorpionfish scorpaenopsis brasiliensis

I will take qt pictures soon but just curious if anyone has any experience keeping these gorgeous fish. The Importer I got it from told me this specific species rarely gets longer then 6" in captivity (the average slingjaw wrasse can grow over a foot). I'm really curious about temperament and prone to nipping more sedentary fish. If anyone has any experience please share

Are you sure that's E. insidiator as opposed to E. brevis? E. insidiator can grow to almost 2 feet while E. brevis does stay small at only about 7 in. according to fishbase. If it is the dwarf species, Scott Michael wrote an article about them. Really cool fish!

Archived