Cultivated Reef

Found a Panda Coral Goby!

kurtl000

Has anybody had an experiance with paragobiodon lacunicolus? For those who are unfamiliar with these little guys theyre like a yellow clown goby but with a yellow body and black fins.

I have had 2...never saw either after I purchased them as they are soooooo small......I had one in a 2.5g and didn't see him after adding...then had another in a larger tank and after I added it never saw it again... all I've read is that they are really reclusive......but CUTE!

Panda Goby Some sites list these little guys as an "easy to keep" species,other say "difficult".All I know is that they require at least one pocillopora coral and some shaded areas for the fish to hide. That's what has prevented me from getting one for my 2.5G pico.... :angry:

post-31555-1216425413_thumb.jpg

Look at this size comparison!!! What/How do you feed a fish that small? Now I know why they are hard to keep...

You might want to consider thisFlaming Prawn Goby. They are about 1" long,but with a price tag ranging from $130 to $150 plus shipping,it's hard to justify the purchase of a fish that is very likely to die or just vanish. :o

post-31555-1216427269_thumb.jpg

post-31555-1216425413_thumb.jpg

Look at this size comparison!!! What/How do you feed a fish that small? Now I know why they are hard to keep...

You might want to consider thisFlaming Prawn Goby. They are about 1" long,but with a price tag ranging from $130 to $150 plus shipping,it's hard to justify the purchase of a fish that is very likely to die or just vanish. :o

post-31555-1216427269_thumb.jpg

the flaming prawn wont disappear. I mean it will for a couple days then it will rule the tank and bully the other fish, no matter their size. it uses that long fin to intimidate the other fish. It will stake a claim to a certain area and not allow any other fish close. they are amazing fish

i had one for a while. my tank got ick and it disappeared.

i never saw it eat but it stayed alive for 2+ months. i assume it ate pods. it was pretty reclusive and would hide under rocks but would show its face from time to time in my 12g nc dx. they live in pocillopora but it isn't necessary for survival - you just wont see it.

it's a cool goby but i'd get something else if you care to see it

A goby, like others have said, that is rarely seen. The LFS had one in their 3g pico and you REALLY had to look to find it. I remember that it was almost thrown away because we didn't see it in the bag (I always stop by to help unload). They are super tiny.

He fed it cyclops and it lived for quite a few months. Tank crash got it.

funny, I had a Flaming Prawn Goby WITH the Panda and I never saw it after adding it....but I sure did LOVE it and I think would purchase one again to try......

well i picked him up 2day and hes in the tank now..hiding lol picked up some cyclopezze for him and the eviota goby in there.

hes alive mauh haha hes ALIVE i fed the tank a butt load of cyclops but i dunno if he ate any he did come out for a few peeks though

Archived