Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fish reminds me so much of my previous Bodianus masudai, but it's a lot more passive. Very curious fish, eats everything, harrasses no one and is harrassed by no one :) This was a great purchase!

Attachments

• tere1.jpg
    tere1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 5,087

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here he is, checking out my favorite Pocillipora sp.

Attachments

• tere3.jpg
    tere3.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 5,075

MartinE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Len I like the fish and the Pocillipora. :D

Are you going to stock your whole new tank with small unique fish, or are you going to put some commoners in there as well?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NKT won't let me get "common" fish anymore :lol: But I do have a Liopropoma swalesi that is fairly common (it's the only fish I kept from the old tank) and I've recently added a Powder Blue Tang to clean up the algae. I'll probably have to remove the PBT if I add another tang though. It's a beauty and is getting very fat off the algae. However, it won't accept any foods yet, and it's very hyperactive ... neither of which is good for me.

MartinE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell Nico you want some common fish (not so expensive).
So are you still going to put an $$$$ Black Tang in? Oh I just thought of something this Telelabrus reminds me of the candy hog in your other tank, just a smaller thinner version. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa. Cool. Where did you find this little guy? Looks like they only get 4" long? Want to tell us how much?

It's Terelabrus btw. :D

So you mentioned it's more passive than the Bodianus you had....did you have any aggression problems with your candy hog?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric, I'll still probably add a black tang. I like their temperment and the huge sailing fins. And yep, this Terelabrus is a lot like my Bodianus hog.

Matt,
Oops, thanks for the proper spelling. I changed the thread topic. I got this one from Phishy Business at about $300. I actually have another one coming today that I'm hoping will pair up to keep with my pair theme. The Terelabrus is not aggressive in the least bit. It is really docile. The hogfish, on the other hand, will chase smaller wrasses every once in a while, swim at a brisk pace (the Terelabrus mops around), and eat shrimps.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":1gb28vpm said:
Eric, I'll still probably add a black tang. I like their temperment and the huge sailing fins. And yep, this Terelabrus is a lot like my Bodianus hog.

Matt,
Oops, thanks for the proper spelling. I changed the thread topic. I got this one from Phishy Business at about $300. I actually have another one coming today that I'm hoping will pair up to keep with my pair theme. The Terelabrus is not aggressive in the least bit. It is really docile. The hogfish, on the other hand, will chase smaller wrasses every once in a while, swim at a brisk pace (the Terelabrus mops around), and eat shrimps.

Huh. I have a Bodianus pulchellus that I've kept with Cirrhilabrus and Halichoeres spp. that were much smaller with absolutely no signs of aggression. Maybe the species vary a bit.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other Terelabrus is here (last one from Phishy), and it is much bigger. I hope they pair up :) I'll take pics and post updates soon.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I found my fish for the 40 breeder. :) Thanks, Len!

Peace,

Chip

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike!

:welcome:

The one I just got in today is big too ... probably around 4-5" and much thicker. I'm curious how it's going to get along with the smaller one once acclimated.

Do you happen to have any pics of your Terelabrus?

palmer59

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a link to the message for some shots of it on webshots.com Mine is the variant with the yellow stripe on the back. Let me know if it does not work.

Mike

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, very cool! The one I got today might even be bigger then that. It looked like a monster when I added it to my tank, easily the biggest fish. I was very surprised by how large it was ... I was expecting something slightly bigger then the small one I just got.

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
> Anyone have any idea if the two variants (yellow stripe on back vs. no yellow stripe) are from different locales? Different species perhaps?

Yes, I think that there are two distinct species, one comes from western Pacific, including southern Japan (it is T. lubrovittatus) and the other from the Maldives appears to be undescribed. They are greatly differeing in color pattern.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: