Pseudochromis diadema and Shrimp.

S

scoobs

I got a Pseudochromis diadema yesterday my GF wanted. I also have a Blood Red Fire Shrimp(Lysmata debelius) Anyone keep both these together? So far no problem but the fish is really small.

ags

I have had a strawberry basslet (which is a pseudochromis) and blood shrimp for years without a problem. Neither should you.

anonome

Well, all I can say is monitor it very carefully. I purchased a pseudochromis aureus and within 3 months he had eaten 1 peppermint, 2 skunk cleaners, and 1 fire shrimp. He was the perfect model citizen for a good 6 weeks. I am a good feeder (everyday), and he still tormented them. First he would pester them so that they literally lived on top of a few powerheads, not being able to venture into the rocks. Then got them one by one. I eventually was able to trap it, but not until it had killed the last shrimp.
I had even consulted Bob Fenner's website to see if he would be ok, (prior to placing him in the tank) was told that it could happen, but not likely.

Now, with this being said, yours is not the same beast, however in the same family, and same boldness. I hope for the best, but wanted to share my experience. Sorry to rain on your parade.
Like all saltwater fish, there are bad apples in every family.

S

scoobs

So far he ios doing well. But he don't eat yet so maybe when he starts it will be the shrimp ><

teen

my purple pseudo went after my clenaer shrimp at first. i fed the pseudo, he ate and then forgot about the cleaner shrimp. as long as he didnt start bothering him already, i doubt he'll just take interest in him.