Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Heya Albert,

I was wondering if you could pass on some feedback for me.

First off, I was kinda hesitant on this keyboard given the price plus it's my first mechanical keyboard. Overall I'm digging the keyboard. Taking a bit to get used to the added sensitivity. But so far so good.

I also picked up that iCue Nexus thing and my only gripe about that is the absurdly large bezel/wasted space for a larger screen and the mounting bracket for the keyboard blocks out a decent chunk of the RGB strip on the back edge of the keyboard.

I feel this could be resolved with transparent versions we can buy going forward.

Pudding caps... I'd love to be able to get some corsair versions.. G keys and all. However, me personally I'm really digging the texture of these WSAD fps style ones that came with the keyboard. I'd be cool to have pudding versions that come textured or non-textured.

For a future keyboard perhaps consider hot swappable switches since now Cherry MX lets you buy 'em. This would give people the option to swap out the switches on their own if they were so inclined to do so.

To recap:

Clear mounting brackets for the iCue Nexus as to not block the RGB strip on the back.

Pudding caps by Corsair, textured and non-textured versions

Hot swappable switches for a future keyboard made by you guys.

But yeah if you can pass that along that'd be awesome. Thanks again!

How to set up and use the K100 RGB's control wheel:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed. The 1.0ms actuation time is a little too much, especially with the low resistance on these.

I would be tempted to try the MX Speed version but, my other gripe with this keyboard prevents me. My other gripe is, this keyboard STILL has the ping noise when keys bottom out. And since the opticals are so quiet, you hear it even more. Would it kill them to add a little sound dampening material to the inside of the boards, especially at this price point?

I went with the silvers and the ping is there but putting the keyboard on a gaming surface has helped , still not as quiet as my old Logi though.

I did have to comment on this... Are you kidding? I was waiting for the ./sarcasm here. These keycaps are far better than anything they have offered. The font is MUCH better than that stretched out one they used prior and they feel is great.

I went with the silvers and the ping is there but putting the keyboard on a gaming surface has helped , still not as quiet as my old Logi though.

Same , no problem with the caps AND also nice to have a standard bottom row.

My K100 picked up a firmware update - 0.30.257 - when moving to iCue 4 , any clue as to what changed ?

I can now select individual keys in Hardware Lighting. Previously Hardware Lighting always affected the whole keyboard. This was an annoyance because the rear LEDs reflected on my TV when not using my PC. I can now disable them. I'm not sure if this is a firmware feature or iCue 4 feature.

I also see 8000 Hz as a polling rate.

Damn that’s an ugly keyboard.

Love my K95 Plat, but the K100 looks like it’s ugly sister. The wheel looks like a last minute addition and doesn’t fit the aesthetic.

Wulf

I used the Corsair K95 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for years. Last year a few of the G keys stopped working and a few other keys started having issues. Corsair discontinued the keyboard and has no plans to replace it with an equivalent keyboard. Why offer 18 G keys when you can sell an addon? Oddly enough, it seems as if all the well-known companies that make keyboards have gone with a 6 to 8 G key setup.

The K100 is ok but doesn't even come close to the K95 I used. It does have better lighting features etc. I did save a lot of setup time with the profiles, only having to decide which macros I'd get rid of. As a streamer, I have a Stream Deck and XL so, I'm using one to supplement to lack of G keys. Had corsair come out with a new keyboard with 18 G kays with Elgato integration, I'm sure many streamers would buy it.

I'm not sure if I'll use the K100 too long. They feel of the keys alone will be hard to get used to. The K100 is quieter which might please some viewers. It feels completely different to type on IMO.

Has anyone else had issues with the Control Wheel just simply not working ? I have all the various toggles set to active but the wheel only functions on the Lighting Adjust and Macro Record mode. Things like application switching, scrolling etc never work.

Both Keyboard and iCue are fully updated.

• 3 weeks later...
Been using my K95 vengeance rgb MX Brown for 4year but recently hardware faulty. Went to buy K100 OPX switch as for replacement. The only down side of this keyboard only have 6 G-key where my K95 vengeance rgb have 18 G-key. On my K95 all my G-key fill up completely on all the M1-M3 with different usage mostly (Launch App with .bat). After K95 vengeance i really can't see any keyboard with more G-Keys.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the G keys on the left, I like that it is not TKL, I like the argb of the keys.

I do not like the round icue control key it's fugly and for the absurd and I really mean absurd price point this need to be top of the line all the way so the best of all departments which this is not.

No usb pass through, no detachable/easily replaced wire, and while the keycaps are after market replaceable the info gives me the impression the switches themselves are not hot swappable? Sounds like you can get the cherry mx or optx only.

Last but not least you tell us:

Q: Why doesn’t CORSAIR K100 RGB have CAPELLIX LED’s?

A: CAPELLIX LED’s are very small and power efficient / bright which makes them great for space constrained applications and wireless products, however they are more expensive. For CORSAIR K100 RGB to ensure the best price-to-performance, we didn’t incorporate CAPELLIX LED’s.

Have to ask if this above statement is a joke?

The above complaints, also the complaints from other post in this thread like the keycap tops being too small, for a keyboard at this truly absurd price point is frankly unacceptable to me....I am in Canada and it being sold by corsair on amazon.ca for...

Price: $306.99

https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-K100-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B08HR68MQZ

LMAO!!!!!

At this price point you have entered full on custom keyboard build for me so no thanks.

Edited by Fillmore Graves

I have a problem already described in this thread and seem like a non fixed one.

Darrylp back here: https://forum.corsair.com/FORUMS/showpost.php?p=1064588&postcount=23

The "fix" for him seem to be a manual macro creation. But it won't do for me as I got the keyboard for this specific feature.

The problem is that a macro created by holding the wheel with G keys is always saved in hardware macros and never in icue software macros.

Already tried:

- Resetting the keyboard with esc + replug.

- Enabling all wheel options / only macro wheel options.

- Reconnecting the keyboard and resetting iCUE.

Nothing seem to work. As a programmer I suspect it is a firmware problem or some faulty communication between iCUE and the keyboard.

Got all updated to latest

- K100 032.262

- iCUE 4.12.214

I love the K100, I just wish I had good software to run it.

Since iCUE v4 installed my K100 will go to sleep after being inactive for a while, most of the time I din it to prolong the life of the LEDs, but when I want to brighten the KB the wheel will not work. If I do the same and leave it bright, it will not dim. I have posted with no help and contacted Corsair support with no reply. This is a real bummer, having a flagship KB with problems. I never had a problem with V3 but don't want to roll back since its no longer supported.

• Corsair Employee
I love the K100, I just wish I had good software to run it.

Since iCUE v4 installed my K100 will go to sleep after being inactive for a while, most of the time I din it to prolong the life of the LEDs, but when I want to brighten the KB the wheel will not work. If I do the same and leave it bright, it will not dim. I have posted with no help and contacted Corsair support with no reply. This is a real bummer, having a flagship KB with problems. I never had a problem with V3 but don't want to roll back since its no longer supported.

Is your K100 connected to a USB hub or dock? I suggest forcing a firmware update via iCUE to see if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to add custom delay to hardware macros or remove delay entirely ? also can i remap G keys and save that to on-board memory ?

I'm Interested in buying K100 but i dual boot Windows/Ubuntu so if K100 can do this it will be useful for me.

• 4 months later...
On 10/30/2020 at 12:19 PM, DevBiker said:

One can hope!! I'd vote for a Brown version as well. Apparently, we are in the minority.

On 10/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, elusive said:

This has been asked before, but got a fairly vague response: can we expect to see a MX Brown variant of this at some point?

I'm trying to replace a Logitech G910, as I've been having issues with the keycap stems snapping off and then having a hard (near-impossible) time finding replacements. The K95 Platinum XT is *almost* perfect - but for the non-standard bottom row, and the whole point of changing is to get away from non-standard keycaps/layouts!

Likewise, the new K100 is *almost* perfect - but with the rather limited switch range, and for the price I'm not quite willing to 'try out' linear switches. If tactile were available? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:58 PM, noobles31865 said:

Yeah, MX brown switches would be a rather nice option to have for this keyboard, but in my heart I'd still like to see MX blues or even an opto-mechanical version of blues. I have the same problems as everyone else who complains about linear keys; they're way too light and just resting my hands on it would get it to trigger.

In all honestly I really would love to get this keyboard! The design is just beautiful and I can picture a ton of ways that new dial can be used. The switch options just stop me from buying one right off the bat.

...Also what happened the brightness button from the previous keyboards? Did it get moved somewhere I can't see or does that dial work as a brightness setting too?

On 10/31/2020 at 10:42 AM, Wulfster said:

Flagship keyboard needs more switch options than just “trendy” super duper lighter than light switches that you can’t breathe near. MX browns should’ve been an option for people that actually type on keyboards rather than spam keys like a maniacal zombie ad infinitum.

P.s. still not sure about that wheel, looks like an afterthought.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:23 PM, Roey biton said:

You are going to release Corsair k100 with a brown switches? because that is the only thing that prevents me from buying this keyboard

Just checking in -- any plans to roll a tactile version of this keyboard? I am never switching to linear.