• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Ungroup Tools in Toolbar

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a way (perhaps a plugin/mod is needed) to ungroup the tools in the toolbar.  I would like to have the paint bucket tool and the gradient tool both showing at the same time.  Does anyone know how to do this within Photoshop or with a plugin/mod?

Thanks!

(Didn't we used to be able to do this?)

Screenshot_1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go farther down in the Tools panel, then click and hold the ellipsis (three dots) to pop open Edit Toolbar. Then you can group them however you want.

Photoshop-Edit-Toolbar.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Conrad said, no plugins needed. 

Customize your toolbar however you like for painting and save the Preset. 

You can also create and load different toolbar presets for different tasks.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the screen space, then it makes sense to double row the tool bar and give all your most used tools their own place.  What makes this particularly powerful is that we can save a custon toolbar along with a custom Workspace as well as custom Menus and — best of all — keyboardshortcuts.  

image.png

I take this a tep further by making tiny Actions to switch between Workspaces, (and reset them).  As I have the Brush and Color panels open all the time (I use three large screens) I am free to use F5 and F6 to switch between my two most used workspaces.

How many of these default F Key shortcuts do you use?  They are pure gold IMO as they can be repurposed to provide single key triggers for actions.  If you use a small screen laptop, then they are more useful left as they are, but yyou can still make a custom workspace and chose where those panels are going to open.

image.png

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys!  I didn't see that could ungroup the tools.  I only saw that you could add/remove them.  All set now!

WAY BETTER!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use all my function keys. 😀. Also have a gaming keyboard with extra keys!  Definitely recommended!!

If you have the screen space, then it makes sense to double row the tool bar and give all your most used tools their own place.  What makes this particularly powerful is that we can save a custon toolbar along with a custom Workspace as well as custom Menus and — best of all — keyboardshortcuts.  

image.png

I take this a tep further by making tiny Actions to switch between Workspaces, (and reset them).  As I have the Brush and Color panels open all the time (I use three large screens) I am free to use F5 and F6 to switch between my two most used workspaces.

How many of these default F Key shortcuts do you use?  They are pure gold IMO as they can be repurposed to provide single key triggers for actions.  If you use a small screen laptop, then they are more useful left as they are, but yyou can still make a custom workspace and chose where those panels are going to open.

image.png

Good luck

By @Trevor.Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What keyboard are you using, how long have you had it and has it ever given you problems?  I am a huge fan of customizable keys and have had two Logitech Gaming keyboards.  A 600 series that I can't remember the number of, and a G910.  Both became problematic to the point I could no longer use them, and checking the forums showed to be a common issue that was unresolved.  I do like G-Hub though, and I use a G502 mouse having given up on a bunch of Logitech and Razer mice.

image.png

I curently use a Corsair K95 Platnum, but even that has issues with missed spaces.  Corsair's i-cue software is OK though, and once you get used to single key activated shortcuts there is no going back.

I would have liked to get a Logitech G13, bvut they have been unavailable for several years now, so I have a Razer Tartarus keypad which, to be truethful, I rarely use.

image.png

Speaking of periferals, do you use the 3DConnexion Space Mouse with SketchUp?  It is a real game changer, but only with SketchUp.  I would be interested in your experiences with your gaming keyboard though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your setup is better than mine 😀

I'm using the K55.  I do like it and I don't mind the membrane keys.  Clicks really nicely, but what I really love is my Glorious D mouse.  I think it's only 68 grams.  I never thought to get a gaming mouse for content creation until I was in MicroCenter one day and it was on display.  I thought I had picked up a feather.  🪶

I have my function keys set up for what I use most.  I design t-shirts, but I haven't decided on all my G keys yet.  Just got my keyboard for Christmas.

F1 - Rasterize layer 

F2 - Canvas size 

F3 - Image size 

F4 - Crop 

F5 - Trim 

F6 - Select color 

F7 - Hue/Sat/Light 

F8 - Vibrance 

F9 - Brightness/Contrast 

F10 - Transform 

F11 - Free Transform 

F12 - Duplicate layer 

G1 - Save 

CTRL-S - Save for web 

G2 - 

G3 -

G4 -

G5 - Toggle Bluetooth on/off 

G6 - Open Notepad 

I have to figure out if I can get iCue to recognize which app I'm using and assign unique keys for it.  I was getting really annoyed at the Ins key the other day since it's where my Home key was so I remapped it and now I have 2 home keys 😂🤣.

I don't draw much, but when I do, I use the Apple pencil in Adobe Fresco or Procreate on my iPad. 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines